Orario di ricevimento
Mercoledì h.10 -13 (DICCA)
Viale Cambiaso, 6 - 16145 GENOVA - Ingresso cortile interno - Secondo piano
Roberta Sburlati is Philosophical Doctor in Structural Engineering from 1986 and Associate Professor in Mechanics of Solids and Structures (Scienza
delle Costruzioni ICAR/08) at the Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering of the University of Genoa from 2001; she
teaches Advanced Structural Mechanics (Scienza delle Costruzioni 2) and Computational Structural Mechanics Courses to Civil Engineering and
Mechanics Engineering students and the courses of Elasticity and Structural Mechanics to PhD students. She carries out his research activity at the
Department of Civil, Chemical and Environmental Engineering, in the topics of the Mechanics of Solids, Structural Mechanics and Advanced
Composite Materials. Roberta Sburlati is a member of the Council of PhD in Structural and Geotechnical Engineering in the PhD School of Mechanics
of Fluids and Solids. She is member of the Materials Mechanics Group of the Italian Association of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (AIMETA) and
member of the Physical Mathematics Group of the Italian National Institute for High Mathematics (INDAM). She was at the Department of Materials
Science and Mineral Engineering of the University of California in Berkeley and at the Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering of the
University of Arizona in Tucson as Visiting Scientist. The main research subjects treated are the following: energy minimization in classical elastic
solutions; universal solutions; internal constrained materials; free edge effects in composite laminates; local instability in composite laminate with
interface delamination; low velocity impact problem on sandwich plates; contact mechanics, adhesion theories. From 1994 is responsible of
national and international research projects (University, Murst, CNR, PRIN) for the study of the mechanical behavior of internal constrained
materials, composite laminates and sandwich structures, contact mechanics in multistrate materials, adhesion forces models, functionally graded
TEACHING ACTIVITY 2013/14:
- Meccanica dei Solidi e delle Strutture (6 CFU) - Corso di Laurea in Ingegneria Meccanica (laurea triennale, Genova);
- Meccanica dei Solidi e delle Strutture (5 CFU) - Corso di Laurea in Ingegneria Civile e Ambientale (laurea magistrale, Genova);
- Structural Mechanics (5 CFU) - Corso di Laurea in Yacht Design (laurea magistrale, Spezia);
- (from 1990 in SSD - Scienza delle Costruzioni (University of Genoa (Savona, Spezia)) undergraduate, graduate, PhD and master courses).
REVIEWER OF INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS:
International Journal of Solids and Structure, Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures, Journal of Elasticity, Journal of Composite Materials
Composites/Part B: Engineering, Journal of Vibration and Control, Journal of Advanced Materials and Structures, Meccanica, Composite Structures.
Reviewer of Research Projects for the Italian Ministry for University, Education and Research (MIUR) (from 2002 to date).
Some recent publications:
- Sburlati, R. (2013) Stress concentration factor due to a functionally graded ring around a hole in an isotropic plate, International Journal of
Solids and Structures, 50, 3649 - 3658, Elsevier Ltd. Exeter, U.K. (ISSN: 0263 - 8223).
- Sburlati, R., Atashipour, S.R., Hosseini - Hashemi, Sh. (2013). Study on the effect of functionally graded coating layers on elastic deformation of a
thick circular plate: a closed - form elasticity solution, Composite Structures, 99(1),131 - 140, Elsevier Ltd. Exeter, U.K. (ISSN: 0263 - 8223).
- Sburlati, R. (2013). Reducing stress concentration factor in a plate with around hole by using FGM, 17th International Conference on Composite
Structures, ICCS17, Portogallo, June 17 - 21, Topic: 17. Functionally graded materials and structures (R.Batra, E.Carrera).
- Sburlati R. (2012). Elastic solution in a functionally graded coating subjected to a concentrated force. Journal of Mechanics of Materials and
Structure, 7 (4), 401 - 412, Mathematical Sciences Publishers, Berkeley, U.S.A. (ISSN: 1559 - 3959).
- Sburlati R. (2012). Analytical elastic solutions for pressurized hollow cylinders with internal functionally graded coatings. Composite Structures,
94 (12), 3592 - 3600, Elsevier Ltd. Exeter, U.K. (ISSN: 0263 - 8223).
- Sburlati R. (2012) An axisymmetric elastic analysis for circular sandwich panels with functionally graded cores. Composites Part B:Engineering,
43, 1039 - 1044, Elsevier Ltd., Exeter, U.K. (ISSN: 1359 - 8368).
- Sburlati, R. (2012). A point - force elastic problem for exponential functionally graded coatings, XXIII International Congress of Theoretical and
Applied Mechanics, ICTAM2012, paper ID SM04 - 023, p.145, Beijing, China, August 19 - 24 (ISBN: 978 - 988 - 16022 - 3 - 7).
- Sburlati, R., Bardella, L. (2011). Three - dimensional elastic solutions for functionally graded circular plates, European Journal of Mechanics -
A/Solids, 30(3), 219 - 235, Elsevier Ltd. Exeter, U.K. (ISSN: 0997 - 7538).
- Sburlati, R. (2009). Adhesive elastic contact between a symmetric indenter and elastic film/substrate systems, International Journal of Solids
and Structures 46 (5), 975 - 988, Elsevier Ltd. Exeter, U.K. (ISSN: 0020 - 7683).
- Sburlati, R. (2009). Three - dimensional analytical solution for an axisymmetric biharmonic problem, Journal of Elasticity 95 (1 - 2), 79 - 97, Springer
Netherlands, Dordrecht (ISSN: 0374 - 3535).